Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
We're looking for a seasoned Ethereum / Solidity / EVM engineer to help us build the best web3 platform and a highly effective technical foundation. This is a senior individual contributor position that works closely with the founders and engineering leads to manage direct our crypto network integrations.
The ideal candidate for this role has a deep personal interest and professional experience building crypto/web3 products and enjoys building out social infrastructure on top of decentralized protocols.
Here’s what your day to day looks like:
- Design & develop blockchain protocol integrations
- Evangelize and drive adoption of crypto-first product features
- Architect and develop distributed systems that scale protocol integrations to millions of users
- Design and implement foundational protocol integrations on the Ethereum or EVM-compatible networks
- Actively participate in the web3 / NFT community
- Automate the deployment and monitoring of blockchain network and protocol infrastructure
- Develop monitoring, alerting, and observability frameworks to maintain consistent user experiences
We’re looking for someone who:
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor with Solidity protocol experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Go, Rust, and Node/Typescript
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- Experience building and deploying scalable, secure, and performant systems to production
Bonus if you have this:
- Contribute and maintain open-source projects
- Experience with orchestrating Ethereum infrastructure and deploying mainnet Ethereum or EVM-compatible smart contracts
- Gone through rapid growth in your company (from 10 to 100s of engineers)
- Experience with Ethereum developer tools like Foundry, Hardhat, OpenZeppelin and GnosisSafe
While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
We're honored you're considering joining us.