Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
- Manage process, people, and technology
- ↳ Process: What occurs when?
- ↳ People: Who's involved and how are they motivated?
- ↳ Technology: What will we use to get there?
- Work with founders and engineering leaders on company strategy to balance product priorities with business objectives
- Increase product velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Recruit and retain a next-level team of technical web3 engineers
- Help build a culture that balances innovation, diversity, and execution
- Build relationships internally and externally including but not limited to users, customers, partners, and developers
We’re looking for someone who:
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor building full-stack web and mobile software products that are robust and scalable
- Experience recruiting, mentoring and retaining high-performing engineering teams along with leading technical architecture and sprint planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Bonus if you have this:
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Experience as a product manager or lead at an early stage startup
- Experience building and scaling a product from zero to one