Islands is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the community economy. Communities of all sizes can use our software to manage digital assets and pay people and projects globally. Our vision is to create a new community platform that is open and accessible.
We are funded by major VC funds and individuals such as founders and executives from Reddit, Solana, Polygon, Coinbase, Twitch, Shopify, Notion and more.
We're looking for a mobile product designer to help lead design for our native web3 app on iOS. This is a individual contributor position that works closely with the engineering leaders and manages all the product and design aspects of our native mobile app.
The ideal candidate for this role has a deep personal interest and professional experience leading mobile product design initiatives zero-to-one and has a personal interest in making web3 fun, accessible, and useful to mainstream consumers.
Here’s what your day to day looks like:
- Work with founders and engineering leaders on product & design strategy
- Increase product velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Define meaningful features and improvements that can be shipped iteratively
- Use and evolve our internal design system to create flows, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure close attention to detail everywhere
We’re looking for someone who:
- Several years of experience as a mobile product designer, working on taking projects zero-to-one
- Excellent visual, UI and interaction skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the company
Bonus if you have this:
- Experience as a product manager or lead at an early stage startup
- Experience building and scaling products and side projects
Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
Islands is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our business better. If you think you're a good match for our vision and values, we'd love to hear from you!
We're honored you're considering joining us.